Monday, April 19, 2010

with a little help from my friends ...

My friend Emily has her hands full. Beautiful new baby, full-time work, big old house built a few centuries ago, lots of gardens. Being much more practical than I, she decided to convert one of her large perennial beds to vegetables this year, and asked if I'd like to be the lucky recipient of about a dozen clumps of unlabeled daylilies of various colors and origins.

Yes, indeed!

So now there is a new perennial bed in front of the house (in addition to about a dozen others -- part of my secret plan to incrementally eradicate the lawn -- ssshh, don't let my husband in on this!). These new daylilies will be unknowns in terms of colors/names/growing habits, and until they blossom I won't know if I've placed the tall ones in front of the shorter ones. But they'll be a lovely sight, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment