Monday, March 1, 2010

Turning the calendar

At last! -- the month that officially signals the beginning of spring. Lots of action at the garden center yesterday, itchy gardeners cruising the seed displays -- myself included, although I had already put in my big seed order weeks ago; those tempting pictures on the packets were irresistible. The first few years after we moved to this farm, we bought at least three times as much seed as we needed, feeling like kids in a candy store. I hope I've learned something after having to toss so many packets of old seeds a few years later.

And lots of daylily talk at the feed store this morning ... three of us sharing our impatience and our anticipation. The first blooms are still months away; but the hens have begun laying again, a sure sign that spring is returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment